Me: Hey darling! How are you?
Friend: Im good, its f-ing Monday tomorrow and I just don’t feel good at all. So much to get done.
Me: Worrying is a waste of time my love. I can help you plan ahead so you can feel more in control and less stressed. By Friday, you would have achieved a lot and will be satisfied with your productivity which then allows you reward yourself by having a little fun.
Friend: I appreciate that so much but could you guide me further?
Me: Sure thing! So…I used to have anxiety every Sunday night knowing work started the next day. I didn’t enjoy work, I had errands to run, a dream to chase on the side, school work, a man to cater to, friends and family. I went crazy and almost forgot its all about me so every Sunday reminded me of how much I had to get done and how time just passed me by.
Friend: Sounds a lot like me right now but I don’t know what to do. Will just go get trashed and worry about it tomorrow.
Me: NEGATIVE BIT&H. Listen here and listen good. You want my input so here is what I know will ease your stress and alleviate anxiety. Matter of fact, I will write it so you can always refer to it when you feel like this;
- If you don’t have a planner, get one and organize your week going forward. Itemizing tasks helps you stay organized and strategize priorities. It also feels amazing when you can cross it of your to do list.
- Eliminate any sources of negative energy be it friends, super unhealthy food, a grudge you’re holding on to etc. Anything that is not positive is really not welcome including your thoughts.
- Exercise – it strengthens your mind and allows for clarity while alleviating stress. Triple win If you ask me.
- Ask your friends/family for support especially when the tasks are out of the ordinary e.g court for speeding ticket (courts make me nervous lol) or even a first day at crossfit as it can be challenging.
- Finally, prayer is key. Anytime I pray, its almost as if a burden has been lifted knowing God will take care of me. If you are not a believer, you can still pray because it gives room for hope, any other spiritual practice that encourages you may also help.
Friend: Adeola, this is really helpful. I will try these suggestions and get back to you.
Adeola: Anytime dear, I am always here for support. Always!
To my readers:
If you ever need to talk about managing life and staying organized, please do not hesitate to leave your email below and I will get back to you within 24hrs 🙂